Free Local Delivery and Pickup. Free P&P on all postal orders over £25

Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣

Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate 📣Low Stock Remaining 📣

Vendor
Hampton Roast Coffee
Regular price
£7.50
Sale price
£7.50
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Tanzania AA Kongoni Estate

Complex, juicy, berries, dark chocolate and caramel

Raspberry, Grape, Lime

Proceeds from the sale of this coffee will go to

A little more info on this Coffee...


Origin: Tanzania

Region: Karatu

Estate: Kongoni Estate

Elevation: 1650-1850 masl

Varietal:  Bourbon, Kent, SL39

SCA Grade: 83

HarvestOct - Jul


Some more information on Kids4School:

Kids4school works with underprivileged children in Tanzania. They take on a holistic approach when caring for children. They provide the means for children to go to school as they believe that education is essential and a way out of poverty. They also give them a hot meal every day, provide clean water to drink, and ensure school fees are paid. Kids4school finance any medical treatment that is required and also deliver food parcels directly into the homes. They currently support over 2400 children through education and provide a vocational training route for those who cannot make it the academic route.

The money raised from this sale of coffee will go towards the installation of a water tank. https://uk.kids4school.org/projects/water-tanks/ 

 


Some information about the area

Background:

Kongoni Estate, established in 1944 by German settlers in the Ngorongoro crater, offers abundant rainfall and a deep, rich volcanic soil. The estate boasts rivers and lush green foliage where animals from the nearby conservation can often be seen. Of the 1600 hectares, 220 are designated for coffee crops, which are hand-picked, sorted, weighed and passed through disc pulpers prior to 72 hour fermentation. Lastly, they are washed and dried on raised drying beds.


Records show that the Haya tribe of Tanzania used coffee beans as early as the 16th century, yet not for drinking but as a form of currency. The spread of German colonization at the end of the 19th century kickstarted the drinkable coffee production and export of Tanzania, as tribal leaders could no longer regulate the growth of coffee plants which tripled exports from 1905 to 1912.

After World War II, the British took control of over ten million coffee seedlings in Tanzania. In 1925, the nation's first cooperative was established, later becoming the Killimanjaro Native Coffee Union (KNCU). This organization is regarded as Africa's oldest cooperative, utilizing the volcanic soil of Mount Kilimanjaro to cultivate wet-processed Arabica coffee. Currently, 90% of Tanzania's coffee farms comprise smallholder operations while the remaining 10% are large-scale plantations.

 

 CHARACTERISTICS OF TANZANIAN COFFEE

 

Tanzania is blessed with numerous regions at a high altitude, such as Mount Kilimanjaro. Thanks to their nutrient-rich soils, ample rainfall and moderate climate, these areas specialize in growing some of the finest Arabica coffees with delightful acidity and robust flavors. When carefully harvested and masterfully processed, the result is nothing short of exceptional.

 

TANZANIA COFFEE: INTERESTING FACTS AND NEWS BITES

Many Tanzanian coffee plantations pair coffee with bananas for shading, allowing for optimal photosynthesis.


RFA status.


To keep up to date with all this Hampton Roast Coffee, check us out on our social channels: FacebookInstagram & LinkedIn.

To view our entire Coffee Collection, click here.